If you're experiencing difficulties logging in, resetting your password may help. Similarly, if you're encountering problems with email verification, changing your email address or resetting your password could resolve the issue. To do this, navigate to the Profile page at https://vrchat.com/home/profile and follow the instructions provided under the 'Change Password' section.
After successfully logging in, you have the option to change your password and update your verification email, in case of a typo. If you receive an error message such as "Authentication failed" or "Invalid Credentials", it means you may have entered your password or email incorrectly, and you can use the password recovery feature to regain access.
Not receiving a 2FA code in my e-mail to sign in
- Follow the steps listed in our I'm not getting emails from VRChat article to identify any issues receiving emails from VRChat in your inbox
- Check any possible e-mail addresses that you might have used. The e-mail is sent and should be received within minutes, but if you're not seeing it, you may be looking at a different e-mail address than the one you registered with!
- To help identify the correct e-mail address, look for any old e-mails that you might have received from VRChat during your registration process.
- Remember, if you've changed your e-mail address to a new one, you'll receive all new e-mails at the most recently verified e-mail address.
Receiving a "Invalid Username/Email or Password" error when signing in
- Only full VRChat accounts registered with an e-mail address are able to sign in to the VRChat website and the SDK. Not sure how to tell if you have one? Review the image below:
- Please note that you can log into the VRChat website using your e-mail address or VRChat username, which can be different than the display name that appears on your nameplate in VRChat.
It's been 24 hours and I still don't have my verification email
- Make sure that you're looking at the correct e-mail address that you registered your VRChat account with.
- Many services incorrectly mark emails from VRChat as spam. Please check your spam/junk folder for our emails. Please also ensure you aren’t blocking emails from email@example.com. You may need to add this to your list of contacts.
- If you’re using Hotmail (Outlook or Live) or Yahoo, triple-check your Spam inbox. You can search using the terms “from:firstname.lastname@example.org in:Junk”.
- Some services will occasionally try to thread all of our messages into a single entry, in which case you should be able to find the newest one by opening the thread and scrolling to the bottom.
- If it’s still not there, try to resend your email from our website. If you misspelled your email address, you can change it on our website by logging in with your VRChat account name.
- If you’re still not seeing any signs of our emails coming through and you’re confident you entered the correct email address, your email provider may be discarding our emails. In these cases, we’d recommend changing the email address on your account to a different one. In the past, we’ve had issues with some (but not all) Yahoo, QQ, and Hotmail email addresses. You can change the email address via the Profile page: https://vrchat.com/home/profile
I get an error when attempting to verify my account!
The link in the verification email may have expired. To fix this, please try to resend your verification email via https://vrchat.com/home.
If you’re still having issues, please contact support at https://vrch.at/support.