While you're likely used to VRChat on other platforms such as PC or VR already, there are some specific differences when using VRChat on Mobile that we've listed below:
- The thumbstick on the left side of the screen is used to control movement
- The thumbstick floats to your touch position within a certain area, so you don't always have to tap directly on the thumbstick
- Swiping anywhere else controls your Look Rotation
- Tapping or holding the left or right edges of your screen will automatically rotate you in that direction. You can adjust Auto Rotate Speed in the Quick Menu (Settings > Mobile) or Main Menu (Controls)
- Double tapping and holding will automatically walk and move you in the forward direction. You can continue to look while auto-walking to turn around. Auto Walk can be toggled based on your preference under the Main Menu (Controls > Enable Auto Walk)
- Look Sensitivity can be controlled in the Quick Menu (Settings > Mobile) or Main Menu (Controls)
- Portrait & Landscape Field of View can be controlled in the Quick Menu (Settings > Mobile) or Main Menu (Controls)
- You can pick up objects in range by directly tapping on them. You can switch between Direct Touch interaction mode to Reticle Aim under the Main Menu (Controls)
- The Select button will appear on the right side of the screen when you are tapping/aiming at an interactable
- The Drop button will appear on the right side of the screen when you are holding an interactable
- World UI (buttons, sliders, etc) can be interacted with by tapping on them
- You can choose to display the Select/Drop buttons on the left side of the screen by enabling Show Secondary UI in the Main Menu (Controls)
- Pickups are held by default, you don't need to hold down on them or on the select button to keep them held. Auto Hold can be toggled in the Main Menu (Controls > Enable Auto Hold)
- Holding down on the Jump button presents buttons for Crouch and Prone
- Holding down on the Menu button presents options for the Action Menu and Main Menu
- The Action Menu cursor can be controlled by tapping and swiping anywhere on the screen.
- The Quick Menu can be used in portrait and landscape.
- Opening the Main Menu will force rotate the device view to landscape mode and will return back to your previous orientation after closing the Main Menu.