If you've had a bad experience in VRChat due to another user acting maliciously, report them to the Moderation Team. This includes any violations of the Community Guidelines or the Terms of Service such as harassment, abusive sound/visual effects, crashing, or other harmful activities. Reporting malicious users is the best way to keep yourself and other users safe. Safety and Security are extremely vital concerns for the VRChat team, and helping us out with reports is greatly appreciated.
Some helpful tips for submitting useful reports:
- Include your VRChat username as well as the usernames of the involved users
- Include your output logs! This is extremely important for many Moderation reports.
- Include any relevant screenshots, including the nametags/social menu of the user in question. Images will only be viewed by the Moderation Team if they are attached to the email, or hosted on imgur, TinyPic, Photobucket, Flickr, or Google Photos.
- Video is exceedingly useful, if you have it. Use Google Drive to upload and share a link. You can also use Streamable. Don't use YouTube, as your account may be flagged for language used in the video (yes, even if it is unlisted)
- All video should be at least 2 minutes in length and/or show context for the situation described. The video must also show nametags of the person(s) being reported clearly
- If you are reporting an avatar, you must show a screenshot of the "View Author" page for that avatar
- Describe the situation fully and clearly and without extraneous or unneeded information
Create a ticket at http://help.vrchat.com/new with the above information. Select "VRChat Moderation - MOD" under the Category dropdown. Not all reports to the Moderation Team will be directly responded to, and details on moderation actions taken as a result of your report will not be shared.
Moderation requests made through Discord will be redirected to the above form. We do not accept Moderation requests or information via any channel except the above ticket form.
If you are experiencing an issue with another user on Discord, you may want to contact the Discord Trust and Safety Team.